Ross County, OH Deploys ALI Database

Ross County, OH Deploys ALI Database

Ross County was formed on August 20, 1798 by proclamation of Arthur St. Clair, Governor of the Northwest Territory. It included a large part of what is now the State of Ohio. The establishment of Franklin County and the later organization of other counties reduced Ross County’s huge size in 1803. Ross County was named for James Ross of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, a close friend of Governor St. Clair, although many thought it should be named after Nathaniel Massie who surveyed the area. In 1800, the capital of the Northwest Territory was moved to Chillicothe, the present county seat.

Ross County, OH now hosts a new 9-1-1 ALI Database.

© 2018 911 Datamaster  |  Site Map  |  About Us  |  News  |  Contact