Stay in the with current and upcoming industry standards. Click here for a list of our ongoing participation in industry-leading workgroups and committees.
911 Datamaster Events
Using 3D-Location Data for E9-1-1 & NG9-1-1
Co-Presenter: Richard Kelly
Date: Tuesday July 27th @ 1:30 pm (Central Time)
Location: National NENA Conference in Columbus, OH
Description: NENA has almost completed the Requirements for Using 3D Location Data for E9-1-1 and NG9-1-1 document. Attend for a walkthrough of this important publication, where you’ll hear about the regulatory and technical background on 3D-location and learn straightforward recommendations for operationalizing this information, ranging from basic height calculations and floor height estimation to more sophisticated approaches like generating procedural building shapes and importing engineering drawings.
No upcoming events.
No upcoming events.
Ongoing Industry Participation
911 Datamaster is heavily involved in the development of standards for the 9-1-1 industry.
- Development Steering Council – Oversees all technical and operational standards work for NENA. Co-Chair, Jim Shepard
- i3 Standard for Next Generation 9-1-1 Workgroup – End-to-end architecture for the i3 design specifications. Jim Shepard and Kerry McAlister
- NG9-1-1 Data Transition Workgroup – Developed design concepts and guidelines for transitioning data and processes from an E9-1-1 environment to a NG9-1-1 environment. Chair, Jim Shepard [v1 work completed]
- NG9-1-1 Additional Data Workgroup – Defining the use of additional data associated with a call, a location, and a caller within a NG9-1-1 environment. Jim Shepard [v1 work completed]
- NG9-1-1 GIS Data Model Workgroup – Creating the GIS database schema to be used throughout NG9-1-1 applicable applications and functions. Richard Kelly [v1 work completed]
- GIS Data Stewardship for Next Generation 9-1-1 Workgroup – Documenting the entirety of GIS activities for NG9-1-1. Kristen Strobel – VOTE
- GIS Stewardship for NG9-1-1: Emergency Service Boundaries Workgroup. Kristen Strobel – VOTE, Richard Kelly, and Jim Kringle [v1 work completed]
- GIS Stewardship for NG9-1-1: Road Centerline Workgroup. Richard Kelly and Kristen Strobel – VOTE
- Site Structure Address Point GIS Data for 9-1-1 Workgroup – Developing guidelines on how best to build an address points layer. Co-Chair, Richard Kelly [v1 work completed]
- Next Generation 9-1-1 Data Management Workgroup – Compiling the error and warning notification requirements for NG9-1-1 elements. Richard Kelly and Jim Shepard) [v1 work completed]
- Provisioning and Maintenance of GIS data to ECRFs and LVFs Workgroup – Establishing what GIS data is needed by the ECRF and its use. Co-Chair Richard Kelly and Jim Shepard) [v1 work completed]
- Forest Guide – Developed requirements for a national FG for ECRF interoperability. Chair, Jim Shepard [v1 work completed]
- GIS Data Transition Workgroup . Kristen Strobel –VOTE
- NENA 3D GIS Requirements Workgroup – Establishing guidelines for resolving routing queries in three-dimensions. Richard Kelly
- Vice-Chair of APCO Standards Development Committee (SDC) Technical Sub-Committee Richard Kelly – VOTE
- NENA Liaison to NSGIC – No VOTE